CW MARS At a glance
with 176 branch locations spread across Central and Western Massachusetts
registered in our shared system
waiting to be enjoyed in our shared catalog
borrowed in FY19, including 11 million physical items & 1.1 million e-items
Use your local CW MARS library card to:
- Check out materials at any CW MARS public library across MA
- Place holds on materials from any CW MARS library
- Return materials to any CW MARS library
A CW MARS library card gives access to:
- Over eight million physical items (books, DVDs, etc.)
- Over 65,000 e-books, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines
AND, if a CW MARS library doesn’t have what you’re looking for, you can get it from another library from across the state.
What do you love about your CW MARS Network? As part of the One Card, Many Libraries campaign, CW MARS libraries would also like to hear from residents about what’s important to them.
Residents can share their comments at: https://cwmars.lovemasslibraries.com/
Library patrons no longer have to remember to log into their account to renew the items they have checked out.
If an item has a renewal available, it will automatically renew on the due date.
An email notification will be sent on the due date alerting you that a renewal has been attempted for your items. Check the body of the email to find out whether your items were successfully renewed or if they were unable to be renewed.
Items will not renew under the following circumstances:
- if the maximum number of renewals has already been reached
- if you have fines/bills totaling more than $10 on your account
- if your account has expired
All CW MARS member libraries are participating in auto-renewal. This means that no matter which CW MARS library your materials are from, they will automatically renew on the due date if a renewal is available.